Bareboat chartering, just as it sounds, is for guests who want to captain a boat themselves (qualifications required.) Charter guests are responsible for all aspects of running the yacht, including sailing, navigating, anchoring, provisioning, cooking, cleaning and, most importantly, having fun.
Our Bareboat Chartering is for the Skippers who full fill below 3 criteria:
- Skipper to buy Travel Insurance:
- Skipper Qualification:
At least RYA Day Skipper or German SKS similar qualification but with level 2 experience is necessary
- Skipper & Crew Experience:
For Skipper with level 2 experience (RYA Coastal Skipper or ICC or German SKS higher level experience)
- Wind/Weather – 10-25 knots
- GPS Map in Maldives is not accurate.
- Navigation – Keep watch while sailing to see sudden and small jutting reef structures, tidal flow, ability to navigate in open waters, cope with strong currents and be able to make a passage plan.
- Anchor/Mooring – Primarily anchoring (no marinas in Maldives), some slightly more exposed anchorages with poor anchor holding ground.
- More than 400 miles on equivalent vessel and considerable recent experience sailing in archipelagos with atolls.
- Able to able to run water makers & marine generators on board.
- Also Skipper should bring competent crew who can help to keep watch.
For those who meet the above criteria we can offer the Bareboat , if not we recommend and suggest to include a Skipper or take the Crewed Option (Skipper & Crew / Host).
If you have the experience, an adventurous spirit, and wish to try the real live-aboard lifestyle, then a bareboat charter is for you. This type of charter provides the utmost in freedom and privacy. Do what you want, when you want. The agenda is your own.
The archipelago of Maldives is a challenging environment for all skippers, lot of experience and Level 3 or at least Level 2 Licence or IMO Class 5 is required. Don’t take chances with yours and your crew’s safety.
You can fill and submit our Sailing Resume form or print and email or fax it to your booking agent, and we will work with you through the process.
Sail one of our suggested itineraries or strike out on your own in search of adventure. If you are still unsure of your sailing abilities, or simply want the knowledge of a local skipper, you can charter a bareboat and hire a professional skipper to take the helm at a daily rate and then continue the rest of your charter on your own when you feel comfortable, or even book a chef to prepare delicious regional delicacies in your own galley.
Prefer an all-inclusive cruising experience with Captain & Chef at your service? Explore our Crewed Charter.
Bareboat Yacht Charter Inclusions
On a Bareboat Charter you need not worry about a shortage of proper gear aboard, or have to bring equipment from home to make your cruise safe, comfortable and fun. We outfit our yachts in the same manner you would with your own boat, so you can relax and enjoy your time with family and friends.
Our Bareboat Chartering comes with a local guide so that the Skippers can always count on the local expert (Man Friday) during the expedition. The guide’s local knowledge will go a long way but he will also be guided by you, your interests and preferences of where you would like to spend your holiday.
- Air Conditioning
- AM/FM Stereo
- Barbecue Grill
- CD Player with Cockpit Speakers (USB supported)
- Fans in Saloon & Staterooms
- Snorkeling Gear / Fins
- Local Fishing Gear
- BBQ Tongs/Spatula
- Bottle Opener
- Bread Knife
- Can Opener
- Clothes Peg Set
- Coffee Cups
- Coffee Pot, no filters (Percolators)
- Cooler (large)
- Cork Screw
- Cutting Board
- Dustbin, Brush, Dustpan
- Frying Pans
- Gas oven and stove top
- Glasses – Small & Large
- Kitchen Knife – Large & Small
- Lemon Squeezer
- Plastic Boxes for food (3)
- Plastic Strainer
- Pyrex Oven Dish
- Refrigerator / Cold Plate
- Safety Devices for Stove (4)
- Salad Bowls (2)
- Sink Covers (2)
- Small Strainer
- Soup dishes
- Spoons – Small & Large
- Water Jug
- Bath Towels
- Beach Towels
- Kitchen towels
- Pillow cases
- Cellular Phone Rental
- Chart Briefing & Boat Orientation
- Local Guide
- Yacht delivered with full tanks (Water & Fuel)
- Anchors (Delta Anchor, Britany Anchor and Anchor Grapnel)
- Cockpit Cushions
- Color Chart Plotter
- Deck Brush
- Depth Sounder
- Dinghy with Outboard
- Distress mirror
- Electric Windlass
- Emergency Helm
- Flash light
- Floating Light
- Foul Weather Jackets (2)
- Fuel Funnel
- Galvanized Chain
- Hand Bilge Pump Lever
- Handbearing Compass
- Horseshoe Lifebuoys
- Housekeeping Supplies
- Jerrycan for Engine Oil
- Jerrycan for Fuel
- Jerrycan for Water
- Life Raft
- Plastic Buckets (2)
- Pump for Dinghy
- Roller Reefing Genoa
- Set of flags N.C.Q
- Tool box
- Tool Kit
- Traditional Navigation/Charting Package
- Transom Deck Shower
- VHF Radio
- Water Heater
- Water Hose
- Winch Handles (2)
- Wind and Speed Direction
- Yacht Operations Manual
- Yacht’s Flag
- Bolt & Wire cutter
- Box Distress Flares
- Dinghy Safety Canister (includes 360 degree white light & whistle)
- Fire Extinguishers (3)
- First Aid Kit
- Fly & Float Snorkel Safety Flag System
- Lead lines (2)
- Life Raft
- PFD’s – Personal Flotation Devices (charterers must supply PFD’s for all children under the age of three)
- Radar reflector
- Safety Harnesses
Hiring a Skipper
Charter a sailing yacht with a skipper who effectively ‘drives’ the boat for you wherever you’d like to sail! You, your friends and family can get involved as much or as little as you like – it is a great activity holiday for all the family.
The Skipper’s local knowledge will go a long way but he will also be guided by you, your interests and preferences of where you would like to spend your holiday, do note that you are responsible for the skipper’s food as well; don’t worry this does not mean taking them out for steak every night, unless you want to of course. It really just means when making breakfast or lunch, offer some to the guide and for the evening you can choose to either give them an allowance, invite them out with you or if cooking on board just offer them some as well.
Conversely, if sipping a G&T while sunbathing is more your thing then you can leave it totally up to the skipper to do all the work. Simply sit back and enjoy…
- Your skipper will require private accommodations for the duration of their time aboard. Consult us, or view the specifications on our web page to make sure there’s enough space for your party plus the crew you intend to hire.
- You are required to provide provisioning for your hired crew. You can conveniently add this while booking online.
- Your privacy is important to us. Our skippers are only permitted inside their cabin and the common areas of the yacht.
- Your skipper can take you almost anywhere within your cruising ground. Just say where you’d like to go and kick back as they prepare to take you there. In addition to actually navigating the yacht, your skipper will handle all related duties including charting your course, monitoring weather conditions and ensuring the safety of all guests during the voyage.
- On occasions when your yacht’s dinghy is needed to travel ashore, your skipper can operate this small vessel to ensure a safe (and dry) journey to land.
- Skippers are responsible for maintaining a safe and orderly deck at all times. This means keeping the lines tidy and out of harm’s way and stowing all supplies that aren’t in use. Your skipper will also refill gas and water tanks, as well as handle docking and mooring, but guests are responsible for paying any fees required by these.
- Just because you have hired a skipper, does not mean that you can’t take all the time at the helm that you wish.
- If you just want the skipper until you feel comfortable with the yacht he or she will familiarize you with all the working systems on the boat; allow you all the time at the helm that need, help you brush up on navigation, mooring and setting anchor.
Skipper and the guide are not responsible for: cooking for guests, cleaning, supervising children, or performing duties outside the operation and maintenance of the yacht.
OPTIONS & EXTRAS
Want your hands free to enjoy your holiday? Why not hire a chef? The choice is yours. For added luxury, hire a chef so you can sample the local cuisine. All you need to do is make sure skippers and chefs get their own cabin on your yacht.
We offer a selection of extras for you water sports lovers and adrenaline junkies upon request.
Begin your vacation sooner and save time and money with our wide variety of personalized provisioning services. Let us take all of the hassle out of provisioning your yacht with the highest quality, freshest foods and best service by purchasing provisioning in advance for your breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and some of your dinners. We offer a range of easy, personalized provisioning services to meet your crews’ desires and dietary needs. Through our close network of the best local suppliers, and an understanding of your needs, we are able to take care of all the work getting you on the water faster, while ensuring your complete satisfaction.
We coordinate everything for a hassle-free experience by conveniently delivering your order to your boat upon arrival. Leave the challenging shopping to us and jump right into your vacation!
Why start your vacation by carrying cases of drinks to your yacht? We offer a wide selection of soft drinks and alcoholic beverages that can be ordered a-la-carte and stocked on your boat the day of your arrival.
Special packages, ranging from unique cakes to flowers and champagne, make onboard celebrations memorable. We will customize a package especially for your occasion, from birthdays to weddings.